What is LPG?
LPG stands for liquefied petroleum gas which describes propane and butane gases. When stored under pressure, they become a liquid and take up much less space, making LPG easy to transport.
Benefits of LP Gas
- LP Gas is cleaner fuel so it’s better for the environment.
- LP Gas is a cost-effective alternative.
- LP Gas is a versatile gas that can be used for various applications in and around the home.
- LP Gas’s heating efficiency means that less gas usage is needed compared to electricity, helping you save money on your next energy bill!
- Over 90% of the energy used by gas heaters is converted to heat. CO2 emissions associated with heater usage are around 30% less than a comparable electric heater.
Gas Bottle Sizes
- 3.7kg SupaSwap cylinder
- 8.5kg SupaSwap cylinder
- 45kg vapour withdrawal cylinder – recommended for LP home gas use
- 210kg - for larger volumes
- Bulk Tanks (various sizes) – used for large volumes or farms and regional area residences
What is the difference between LPG and Natural Gas?
They are similar in terms of usage, but natural gas cannot be stored and transported as a liquid and therefore is not widely available.